This post is in response to Cee Neuner’s weekly SYW challenge. The questions for this week were:
- What is your favorite go to beverage? Water, coffee, tea, coke, soda (non-alcoholic)
- Can you change a car tire?
- Are you a listener or talker?
- Would you rather have no internet or no cell phone?
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
Here are my answers:
- My favorite non-alcoholic beverage is unsweetened iced tea. Lately, I have been adding about 10% cranberry juice to the mix instead of lemon juice (never sugar). Here is a picture of a glass of that iced tea which reveals a little bit about me:
- I have changed many car tires in my long life. Now I call AAA and let them do it.
- I am definitely a listener.
- I would rather have no cell phone. Not being a talker, I only use the cell phone for brief conversations. I use the cell phone for internet access but that is only when I am away from home.
What am I grateful for from last week?
- Our 11th grandchild (Elliot Shane) was born last Thursday.
- We attended the wedding of my wife’s godson and they live close to our daughter’s house in New Jersey where we went to visit with Elliot.
- We got to visit with four other grandchildren on the trip.
- We had a meeting of the parents with my son and his fiancee while in NJ
- We made safe trips from North Carolina to New Jersey and back.
What am I looking forward to in the upcoming week?
- I will be catching up on my WordPress posts over the next few days.
- I will be playing golf on Wednesday and Friday
- We are going to have our first real taste of summer with the temps going into the upper 80’s over the next few days.
- Everything in our yard is looking fantastic with all of the rain this spring. I will be getting the sprinkler system working to keep it that way all summer.
- I will get back to writing my second novel in my SciFi trilogy.
- Thursday Doors will be a showcase of my front door along with pictures from all around the house. It should give everyone a view of our wonderful home.
Overall, this has been a fantastic week as you might guess.